Friday, February 3, 2012

First time sick

Daisy is only 11 weeks old and is already sick.  My poor baby!  She had a little bit of a fever the other day, but we gave her some infant tylenol and it went away.  But now she has the stuffiest nose.  I've been using the nose bulb on her a lot.  Luckily her snot is runny and not too sticky, it makes them easier to suck out.

I worry about her the most at night.  I haven't been sleeping well because I just want to make sure she is okay. It's so hard for her to breathe and I don't think she is used to breathing through her mouth.  So every now and then I'll hear her sniff in too much snot that she coughs on it.  And the other night it sounded like she was weezy a bit too.

Since she has been sick, she has been sleeping a lot during the day because she doesn't sleep well at night.  Sometimes it's been hard for her to fall asleep in the swing, so I'll just sit on the couch and hold her.


Since her nose is so stuffy, she has been sneezing a lot too.  Every time she sneezes I quickly get the bulb and suck out some of the snot.  It seems to come out a lot better then.  But other times I don't need the bulb because she sneezes out the snot herself (leaving her with a snot face...kind of funny actually)



She is starting to get a little better.  I'm glad she only has a stuffy nose and isn't in any pain.  I know it's hard for her, but it could have been a lot harder.  She is still my happy little baby who loves to play and smile.  Yesterday she even started laughing! It was the best thing ever hearing her laugh!!!  It was the first time I've heard her do it, and I can't wait to hear it some more.  It was simply so precious :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment