Sunday, October 30, 2011

Finally....some dinner!!

Our hobby as turned into more of an obsession.  We bought some cheap fishing poles and now we go fishing 3-4 times a week.  We even went fishing the other day when it was 28 degrees and snowing outside.  But after about 5 times of going to the lake and not catching anything, Matt finally rounded one up.

It was so exciting watching him reel it in.  The expression on his face was like a little kid on Christmas morning: priceless.  I didn't catch one that day, but that didn't stop us from cooking the one he caught up for dinner.  Delicious!!

A few days later, and after more research, we were back out on the lake.  This time we tried using salmon eggs for bait.  And guess what?  It worked!!  We both caught a fish that day!

I couldn't believe I finally caught my very first fish!!

Matt gutted his like he did before with his first fish, but I was a little hesitant to doing one myself.  But I did! 


It was super slimy and honestly a little gross, but it was fun learning how to do it.  I even gave the guts to Coco who loved them almost more than a tasty dog treat.  After my experimental hour of gutting the fish, we finally put them in a baking dish and cooked them up for dinner.  Yummy!! I'm so glad that Matt and I have found something fun we can do together.  It's been interesting learning how to do everything, but I'm sure we will get better with time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment