Saturday, October 22, 2011

The end is near!

So, Matt and I finally went to Lamaze class.  It was a two day process, but definitely worth it.  We learned a bunch of calming techniques for when I am in labor which we now practice every day.  It was also nice to learn what to really expect on the big day.  There were so many things I didn't know! 

My "according to last period" due date isn't until the 27th of November, but Matt and I always had this hunch that she will come out earlier than that.  Even at my 20 week ultrasound, they said she looked older than that due date predicted.  They thought she was about two weeks older giving me a due date of the 13th of November. 

At Lamaze class, the birthing nurse talked about signs of labor, and signs of preterm labor (meaning "if you see these signs, you will probably have the baby within two weeks").  There were six signs to be aware of for preterm labor:
-Nesting
-Lightning/engagement
-Pelvic floor pressure
-Diarrhea and bowel disturbance
-Braxton Hicks contractions
-Lose of mucous plug, bloody show

I am already experiencing four of those signs (the first four), maybe even five.  I'm not quite sure how to determine what a Braxton Hicks contraction feels like. Sometimes I feel like I have them, but sometimes it feels different. So maybe I have them, maybe I don't. 

Either way, I think baby girl is about to be here soon.  Hopefully she grows a little bit more and gives me more time to clean.   But we can't wait to welcome her into this world.  She is going to be great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment